The Madonna and Child in an aureole. The Painting, presumably from around 1510, is on a round wooden panel. It forms a sort of boss for the Romanesque rib vault above the choir of the monastery church.
At the crown of the choir vault are the four symbols of the four Evangelists: the eagle of John in the east, the lion of Mark in the south, the bull of Luke in the west and the angel of Matthew in the north. The texts on the banderoles quote the beginnings of the Gospels.
31 May 1996